Last updated: 14th April 2018
Here at the Centre for Complementary Health, we’re committed respecting and protecting your privacy. Any reference to ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ is to the Centre for Complementary Health as an organisation. Any reference to ‘Our website’ is to www.centreforcomphealth.co.uk and www.centreforcomphealth.co.uk . Any reference to ‘You’ and ‘Your’ is to you as an individual user of our websites and applications.
This statement explains when and why we collect personal information about you and how we use it, the circumstances under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this statement from time to time and without prior notice to you. We need to do this to reflect our online information practises. We tell you at the top of this statement when it was most recently updated. We recommend that you visit our Privacy Statement page whenever you visit our website so that you are aware of any changes.
If you have any questions about this statement and our privacy practises,
please email email@example.com, or
telephone us on 01480 455221
or write to us at:
The Centre for Complementary Health,
6 Cambridge Road,
Cambridgeshire, PE29 2BW.
Who are we?
We’re a small clinic based in Cambridgeshire dedicate to meeting the needs of the local community. We aim to supplement health care in the area with our flexible approach and by building close partnerships with GPs, consultants and other healthcare professionals. We promote prevention injuries for many clinical conditions. We are committed to active continuous professional development for our practitioners and other like-minded professionals.
Protecting your data
We want to share information and news about our services with you. We can do this in various ways including email and social media, but only if you would like us to. Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
Our promise to you
- We will never pass your personal details to anyone outside The Centre for Complementary Health for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
- We will ensure that we obtain your express consent before we contact you by any method for any purpose.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant, based upon the preference information you give us.
- You can change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone us on 01480 455221 or write to us at: The Centre for Complementary Health, 6 Cambridge Road, Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire, PE29 2BW. Remember, you may miss out on important news and promotions from us.
- Your personal information will be stored safely and will remain secure at all times.
- No personal information will be kept any longer than necessary in order to fulfill the purpose it was collected for, and if you ask us to, it will be deleted.
- We will always delete your personal information if requested by you to do so.
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018,which supercedes the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable laws and EU Directives.
- Please let us know if your details change so that we can keep in touch.
The information we collect about you
We collect information to provide you with a better experience of using our website and applications. In order to provide you with access to our services, we may need you to provide certain personal information. This information may include your name and e-mail address.
We collect information in the following ways:
- We track automatically the home server domain names, IP addresses, type of visitor computer, type of web browser of visitors to our website, and specific information on the pages our visitors access
- Recording data through cookies
- Collecting other information from you from time to time as part of user experience surveys or questionnaires
- If you register to receive one of our monthly newsletters.
- Through the use of social media, namely Facebook and Twitter we use legitimate interests to promote treatments for patients with all types of relevant health problems for the care we can provide.
16 or under
We want to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are 16 or under you must ensure you have the permission of your parent / guardian before you provide us with any personal information.
How long do we keep it?
None of your personal information will be kept any longer than necessary in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, and if you ask us to, it will be deleted.
For those people who seek treatment through Us at the Centre we will also need to collect data regarding the reason for your visit, including information such as your medical history, date of birth, GP. This is processed and stored for the reason of holding case records and for the purpose of provision of health, in order that we may make informed clinical decisions regarding your treatment. This is then stored for 8 years after your treatment has finished to meet legal obligations. After 8 years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained until a child has reached the age of 25.
How we use your information
We process your data (for example your name, email address, country of residence) in accordance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998. We may process your information in any number of ways and on any databases we use for the following purposes:
- To create an electronic record of your data through Google Anaylitics and Weebly enabling your request for information and services to be processed
- To administer and manage the services we make available to you, including telling you about changes
- To help us identify services and promotions we think will interest you (unless you have asked us not to)
- To ask you about your views and comments on the services we provide
- To assist us with statistical analysis, financial risk assessment, compliance/regulatory reporting, fraud prevention and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
Who has access to your information?
We take our obligations and responsibilities regarding protecting your privacy very seriously and exercise great care to protect the information we collect about you. We will not sell or rent your information to any third parties and we will not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We will share your information outside the Centre for Complementary Health only in the following circumstances:
- You have provided your explicit prior consent, and the contractor or organisation is working directly with us as a partner as a part of maintaining our activities, or services. These include MailChimp who manages email newsletter processing or our third party review handler LouderThan who hosts your review, Google Analytics, Adwords and Weebly for visitor statistical analysis. In cases of voucher purchases, PayPal payment processor. Service providers and suppliers are required to keep confidential and secure the personal information received from us and may not use it for any other purpose other than as originally intended.
- To our agents and sub-contractors for operational reasons, such as Design It Wright who designs and produces our marketing material.
- We may pass your contact details onto selected associates and practitioners, following your consent where you require further information not covered by our website.
Your communication choices & changing your personal details
You can choose whether or not you receive information from us and you can change your mind at any time. If you decide to unsubscribe to our communications, your details will be removed from our databases and we will not contact you again.
You can ask us to correct or update your personal data at any time to ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date.
You can change your preferences, correct or update your personal information at any time by:
- clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any promotional email you receive from us
- contacting us at email@example.com, telephone us on 01480 455221 or write to us at: The Centre for Complementary Health, 6 Cambridge Road, Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire, PE29 2BW.
Protecting your personal information
We aim to ensure all the personal information we hold about you is kept safe. However, you should be aware that non-sensitive details, such as your email address, are transmitted normally over the internet and therefore can never be guaranteed to be completely secure. Therefore while holding your personal information securely is our aim, you provide it at your own risk.
In order to meet requirements, we:
- use secure technology in all our email communications and unless you have provided us with your clear and express consent, we do not disclose your email address to any other recipient.
- use third parties that ensure personal data is encrypted and password protected.
- limit access only to staff who have signed our confidentiality agreement.
A cookie is text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie contains anonymised information about how you use our website. This can help us improve our website and deliver a more personalised service for you.
You can disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features on our websites if cookies are disabled.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to websites run by other organisations.
Third-party websites and services we link to through our websites have their own privacy policies, independent of us. We hold no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy policies of any third-party website you visit.
Subject access rights
If you write to us with a request, you will have a right to be provided with a copy of all personal information we hold about you. Please contact us for our Data Access Request Form. We will require proof of your identity before we can disclose your personal data. Proof of your identity should include a copy of two documents such as your birth certificate, passport, driving licence, an official letter from a government agency and a copy of either your bank statement, recent utility bill or council tax bill dated not older than 90 days to you at your address. The documents should include your name, date of birth and current address. If you have changed your name, please supply official relevant documents evidencing the change. No administration charge is applicable for your first request.
What can you request?
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (practitioner) that has determined how and why to process your data
- The reason of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- How long you data will be stored as per our retention policy
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time for the purposes of marketing only
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO)
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
Right to be forgotten
We may be required to archive your personal information however, we will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it and only in accordance with our Document Retention Policy. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, ie where the purpose for collecting your personal information no longer exists and we are not obligated to retain all or any part of your personal information for legal reasons.
Other rights that you hold are
- You have the right to have information that we hold corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Where we hold any medical information about you, you have the right to restrict the processing
- You also have the right for the personal information we hold about to be transferred to another organisation
- You also have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Transferring your information outside Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, personal information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (EU). For example, if our servers are located in a country outside the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK.
By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
If we transfer your information outside the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected in line with this statement.
We will not contact you about our related services or send you any other communications if you have indicated that you do not want to receive these. In this case, your name will be included in appropriate suppression lists.
Your right to make a complaint:
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Centre you have the right to complain to us. There is a complaint form which our staff will provide you with. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Centre For Complementary Health,
6 Cambridge Road,
Tel no. +44 1480 455 221
Information Commissioners Office : Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wimslow SK9 5AF Tel no: +44 (0) 303 123 1113.